Sunday, January 13, 2013

If I Can, Anyone Can...

                                                                   

  
         So, this week was a great week all around.  The weather was so nice I even did more cardio then I had too.  The miles of running through my neighborhood are FINALLY getting easier.  I actually enjoyed it tonight...3.5 miles nice and slow.  Slow because I don't wanna burn up any of this NEW PRETTY MUSCLE!! DUH.  I even bought new running shoes that aren't "crossfit" or "barefoot" style.  The bottom of my foot has a issue that dates back to a injury during my young days of hard partying every night, so I thought some new comfy shoes could help with the ache.  You see even after that particular chapter of my life not that many years ago I was a out of shape drunk that smoked 1-2 packs of cigarettes a day.  I drank till I passed out and as soon as I could keep it down the next day I started drinking again.  I am lucky to be alive.  I struggled for a very long time and then one day I was tired of it all and committed to change my life....More on all that MESS in a later post.... but the point is I am not ashamed of where I have been, I am actually beaming with pride because it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I put my mind to it and get it done day in and day out. The pay off is bigger then I ever could of imagined and now it comes easy.  My life is great and the sobriety blessings are flowing left and right.  So while running tonight with that foot aching and pounding the pavement I began to think how happy that little ache makes me.  It reminds me of where I have been and how far I have come.  It makes me proud.  I am so happy I turned things around.  My daughters little eyes are watching closely. She is such a good girl and she helps inspire me to try and be a better person every single day.

      Whoever you are or no matter what your situation if you wanna change you can.  There were a few days this week that I just wanted to say "fuck it" and go back to bed.  I didn't.  I went out and killed it.  When I was done I was happy and had a great sense of accomplishment.  The more you do something the easier it gets.   It could be beating the bottle, smoking or 400 extra pounds, whatever. Just put your mind to it and kick its ass.

                                                                                                   
                                                           
Positives this week:  Training was great and Amber ( my gym soul mate) and I worked out like 4 days in a row together! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I got my song for my show but I will leave that for a big reveal later on.  ITs TOOOO MUCH TO HANDLE RIGHT NOW!!!!  :)  My posing got a little better.  My body feels great and I am ready to kill it this week.   Also I shopped a ton which is always super fun.


Negatives:  None really.  My diet went to shit on Saturday but I still have some wiggle room for another few weeks till I really begin prepping.  I feel like I may be coming down with something but I hope not.


Enjoy your week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment